Depression is a serious mood disorder. It affects how you think, act and respond to situations.
Depression amongst youths, teenagers and adults are more common than we care to admit. Infact a good percentage of the world’s population is suffering from depression.
7 Signs of Depression.
We may often ask ourselves how do we know we are depressed? Or how do we recognize depression in someone else. Well there are certain ways depression can be recognized. Some of these are:
- Feeling Helpless or Hopeless which leaves the person weak causing the person to sleep alot or barely sleep.
- Sadness, guilt and a constant feeling of worthlessness
- Change in eating or sleeping habit which may lead to weight gain or loss.
- Difficulty concentrating or making a decision concerning important stuff.
- Loss of interest in social activities or things once enjoyed. Always want to be in a dark room locked up.
- Feeling of restlessness ad constant uneasiness.
- Thoughts of self harm or suicide. Resulting to taking harmful substances that could cause extensive damage or even death.
From the above Signs you will notice that there are alot of people walking the streets depressed. You may also recognize someone these traits in you why? because a good majority of people are a little depressed. The first step to any recovery process is acceptance. Although this checklist is by no way a diagnosis however, If you checked off at least 5 out of the 7 stated above then my advice is you definitely have a problem and that’s something to accept and we can start working on how to get better.
Use this new week to evaluate your mental state. Have a great day and week ahead. Love D.A