Under eye circles commonly known as eye bags is a medical condition that occurs due to the build up of fluid around the eyes giving the eyes a swollen bag-like shaped puffy looking eyes.
I have been getting these alot lately due to stress and lack to sleep and since I rarely wear makeup, I have been searching for natural remedies for it.
There are a variety of things that cause or trigger under eye circles/eye bags:
- Lack of sleep
- Irregular sleep routine
- Reacting to allergies
- Staring at your phone or laptop for too long
- Some preservative foods
- General body Stress
Here are 5 natural remedies of tricks for it:
1. The tea bag trick: soak tea bags in water (chamomile preferably) and cool in the fridge for some 5-7mins and place cool tea bags on closed eyes.
2. Rose water trick : you guys must know my immense love for rose water already, it can be used to reduce eye bags. Soak cotton pads or wool in rose water and place on closed eyes for 10-15 minutes.
3. The potato trick: grate potato and extract the juice. Use the juice on cotton pads on closed eyes for 10 mins
3. Cucumber slices: slice cucumber and place on eye lids for a minimum of 5 mins to reduce redness and puffiness
4. Tomato and lemon juice trick: mix tomato and lemon juice and apply on affected area (under eyes) for 10 mins and wash off
5. Almond oil: apply almond oil with cotton pads under eyes before going to bed. Wash off in the morning.
6. Cold ice: using cotton pad apply cold water/ice on under the eyes to reduce redness and puffiness
By applying some of the above remedies you can successfully get rid of under eye circles in no time. What are your quick fixes for eye bags?